Creating an Oooian is a very exciting thing! Please read all the different categories of Oooians before you decide, some rules apply to one category and not the other, so it might change your mind!
Edit 2: People have asked if your app has to be in AT style, since people have trouble drawing in the style. Well, worry no more, here's a helpful how-to! www.scribd.com/doc/14686737/Ho… Click the download to see it, it has 16 slides and explains how to draw and apply the AT physics. Thanks so much to Fathix for providing it, I'm sure that everyone will benefit from it <3
Edit: I've been seeing a lot of people using umbrellas and swods for weapons, please be creative
Generally, an app drawn similar to AT style is preffered, but not required (however, keep in mind that an app drawn similar to AT style will have an edge over one that doesn't).
When making your character, please keep in mind that interaction with Canon Characters (such as Finn and Jake) are not allowed. There will soon be up some NPC characters, however. Also, PLEASE NO MARY SUES OR GARY STUS: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue NO GOD-MODDING EITHER.
When you decide what type of Oooian you would like, please fill out the appropriate app. There's a different app each for Hero/Adventurer+SideKick, a Villain, and a Royalty! When you first join the group if your app is accepted, you're only allowed to have one Oooian (or in the case of heroes, a hero and a sidekick). That's the most amount of Oooians you can have unless you're an Admin. Admins are allowed three Oooians.
I know it's a lot of reading, but you must read it all! Sorry xD
Creating a Hero and SideKick!
- A hero or an adventurer! People like Finn, Fionna, Jake and Cake! These characters should be around 20 years and below in age and MUST be human. These people generally help out any people in need. They also are often targeted by and fight against the Villains. H/As are required to have a SK. Finn and Fionna wouldn't be who they are without Jake and Cake! Don't think that your H/As SK is a useless NPC, you will need your SK for almost everything, so don't put tons of effort into just your H/A! They're both equally important and being accepted or not could be because of your character development. One of the most important things about the two joint characters is that they balance each other out!
- Your SK must be an animal or a small humanoid creature (candy person, gnome, troll, pixie, etc. Comment to ask). Be logical, however. Things like GIANT HUMPBACK WHALES floating on land don't make any logical sense. Somesort of animal... about the size of a horse and smaller, but a little bit bigger is ok. Please comment if you want to know if the animal you want to use is ok. There are tons of animals smaller than a horse, so let's not have all the heroes have cats and dogs.
- Your Hero starts out with 1 (one) weapon and 4 (four) beginning items. A shield counts as a weapon (and can't be placed in the 'four items' area'; bows & arrows count as one weapon together. Weapons can be (but are not limited to) spears, swords, bow&arrows, whips, a small axe or hammer, a small scythe, etc. Be creative! Not everyone is going to use a sword! And if you MUST have a sword, make it something unique. Like my AT-self, I have a pencil sword for example: fav.me/d47cseg. Beginning items like neclaces, bags, and other sentimental items. You don't need to have 4 items, but you must have at least a bag; or something else that your hero can shove their various crap into.
Hero+SK App BLANK: fav.me/d47jckw
Creating a Villain!
- A villain! Villains are just as important as Heroes and Royalties! People like the Ice King are an example of Villains (although you don't have to make them as fail-tastic as Ice King.) Villains don't have to be all black and white, they can have some shades of gray to their personality, but in the end they must stick to being a villain.
- A villain can have ONE main power and ONE side/weaker power (Ice King's main power would be manipulating ice, his side power is flying.) The higher ranking your villain gets, the stronger the attack(s) can be. No all-around invincible attacks (like a force field or something similar.)
- Generally your villain must have somesort of theme to their character design. Ice King's theme is Ice, etc. The theme applies to their outfit, home, powers, and personality, so be mindful of what you pic as the theme, because once you're accepted you can't change the theme of your villain! A villain MUST. Repeat: MUST have a clear weakness in the app.
- Villains require the most detailed history out of the three categories; Too many times we've all seen the villain that is pure evil, that used to be good, that holds grudges against other characters, etc. Go into depth with their history!
- Your villain can tag-team with another villain, someone else's character. INCLUDE THIS IN THE ARTIST'S DESCRIPTION, NOT THE PICTURE APP. But please, there must be reason to the duo. It won't make sense to have an evil duo of a fire-themed villain and a water-themed villain. Things like a storm-themed villain and a lighting/electricity-themed villain would go well together.
-Your villain must have a motive. Ice King's motive is to capture all princesses, so something must motivate your villain for all the things they do!
Villain App BLANK: fav.me/d47qgji
Creating a Royalty!
- The distinguished Royalties of Ooo! These are Princes, Princesses, Queens, Lord, Lady, Duke, Duchesses, and Kings (Villains can have those titles as well). Generally speaking, the Royalties tend to wear fancier clothing. Things like dresses, tunics, and other extravagant clothing are the mark of a royalty. (know that not ALL royalties are the the kind that wear fancy clothing, like LSP or Princess Jungle, but they'll have to pull it off really well to get accepted)
- What IS required for a Royalty is somesort of crown. A tiara, diadem, ringlet on their head, SOMETHING that resembles a crown or accentuates their distinguished-ness. A good example of having something on their head that isn't a crown but still works is this : fav.me/d2rf3sb Royalty should also have somesort of extravagant castle or mansion. This category requires more info for their house than the other two. Be descriptive! An example is Princess Bubblegum's candy castle.
- Like the villains, royalties also need a theme. That's what they're all about! (Princess Bubblegum, Slime Princess, LSP, Marceline, the lost goes on). Their theme needs to reflect almost everything about them; where they live, what they look like, what they like/dislike, etc. One thing that the theme doesn't have to effect is their personality.
- A royalty can have ONE main power and ONE side/weaker power (Ice King's main power would be manipulating ice, his side power is flying.) The higher ranking your royalty gets, the stronger the attack(s) can be. No all-around invincible attacks (like a force field or something similar.)
Royalty App BLANK: fav.me/d47rlb7
There are DIFFERENT APPS for the three categories. If you fill in an app for a wrong category of your character(s), they will automatically be declined. Please take note!
With each different app, you must fill in what is required only for that type of app! I can't stress enough how there is different info required for each different category.
Once your character(s) are accepted, they will be put onto a list of Oooians: adventures-of-ooo.deviantart.c… and their ranking recorded here: adventures-of-ooo.deviantart.c…
There will be examples up soon c:
Question? I have the answer~ Comment!
No question is a stupid one